Skip to content Tax card / number & tax counselling | International House Helsinki


International House Helsinki provides a wide range of information and public authority services to meet the needs of international newcomers in the Helsinki metropolitan area. We also offer free advisory and counselling services to employers on issues related to international workforce. View the service menu to learn more about the services available to you.

Tax card / number & tax counselling

If you are working and receiving pay, or if you are an entrepreneur, you need a Finnish tax card (verokortti). If you work in construction, you also need a tax number (veronumero).

The representatives of the Finnish Tax Administration at International House Helsinki provide information about taxation in Finland. You can also apply for a tax card or an individual tax number.

Please bring along the following documents when you visit:

  • a passport or a valid photo ID
  • an employment contract


Due to coronavirus, the Finnish Tax Administration serves customers at International House Helsinki by appointment only. Groups of more than 5 people must make an appointment to Helsinki-Kluuvi office in Uusimaa.

You can book an appointment online or by phone 029 512 000.


Read more about the service from service provider's website