Skip to content Tax card & tax counselling - International House Helsinki


Welcome to the Helsinki capital region. Moving to a new country can be an exciting experience but there are a few steps to take before you can start living and working in Finland. International House Helsinki (IHH) provides a wide range of information and public authority services to meet the needs of international newcomers in the Helsinki capital region. It is important to plan your visit and book appointments, when required, before visiting our IHH service centre. Our IHH staff guide you through this process, both our general guidance services and our chatbot, Into, can answer your questions about our services.

Tax card & tax counselling

If you are working and receiving pay, or if you are an entrepreneur, you need a Finnish tax card (verokortti).

The Finnish Tax Administration at International House Helsinki provides information about taxation in Finland for individuals and you can also apply for a tax card. The service is offered by appointment only.

Please bring along the following documents when you visit:

  • a passport or a valid photo ID
  • an employment contract

NOTE! If you work in construction, you also need a tax number (veronumero). You can apply for a tax number and also a tax card at the Helsinki Area Tax Office at Hämeentie 15. The service is available both by appointment and as a walk-in service. Groups of more than 5 people need to make an appointment. The above listed document requirements also apply for the visit at the Helsinki Area Tax Office.


You may book an appointment for International House Helsinki and for Helsinki Area Tax Office online at MyTax or by phone 029 497 050.


Read more from This link leads to external webpage