International House Helsinki (IHH) is committed to making its digital services accessible. We want as many users as possible to be able to use our digital services and we take accessibility into account in the development of digital services.
This accessibility report explains how the ihhelsinki.fi website complies with the law on the provision of digital services, what are the shortcomings in the accessibility of the site and how you can give us feedback on accessibility problems.
How accessible are the pages?
This service is partially compliant with WCAG 2.1 Level AA standards, due to the non-compliances listed below. IHH is committed to complying with the Standards as soon as possible, the latest by the end of July 2021.
The content listed below does not yet comply with the standards. Each item consists of a brief description of the issue, followed by the WCAG 2.1 success criterion or criteria it violates, as well as a brief description of the suggested solutions. The descriptions are written in plain language, and they do not include technical details.
- Color combinations of text and background do not always meet the minimum contrast requirement [1.4.3. Contrast (Minimum)]. Solution: the color scheme should be revised in order to make sure that only accessible color combinations are used.
- Some links have generic text content, such as “Read more about the service” [2.4.4. Link Purpose (In Context)]. Solution: link text content should be rewritten, either for all users or only for those using assistive technologies.
- Links that open a new window do not always warn users [2.4.4. Link Purpose (In Context)]. Solution: warning should always be given using the suggested techniques.
- The link to skip the navigation bar does not become visible when it receives focus [2.4.1. Bypass Blocks, 2.4.7: Focus Visible]. Solution: the link should be revealed on focus.
How have we tested accessibility?
This statement was initially prepared on the 2nd of July 2020, based on an audit performed by Wunder Oy in June 2020. The statement was last reviewed and updated on the 21st of September 2020.
Wunder accessibility specialists evaluated this service using the following methods:
- Automated testing using Siteimprove.
- Manual size testing on macOS using Chrome developer tools and custom CSS styles.
- Manual color testing on macOS using the following browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, Edge.
- Manual keyboard testing on macOS using the following browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, Edge.
- Manual screen reader testing on macOS using VoiceOver and the following browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, Edge.
- Manual screen reader testing on Windows using NVDA and the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox.
- Manual screen reader testing on Windows using JAWS and the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox.
- Manual screen reader testing on iOS using VoiceOver and the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox.
- Manual screen reader testing on Android using TalkBack and the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox.
Did you notice any shortcomings in accessibility?
We are constantly working to improve the accessibility of our website. If you find any issues that are not described on this page, please let us know and we will do our best to correct them. We will respond as soon as possible or within two weeks at the latest.
You can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
If your feedback or request is not acknowledged or addressed within the required timeframe, you have a right to file a complaint with the competent authority: