Arrivals from Ukraine can apply for a Finnish municipality of residence at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency (DVV).
You can apply for a muncipality of residence when the following conditions are met:
- You have lived in Finland for a year.
- You have been granted a residence permit for temporary protection at least one year ago, which has been extended until 4 March 2024.
- You have a Finnish personal identity code.
Apply using an online form
From 01.03.2023, you can apply for a municipality of residence using an online form on dvv.fi/ukraine.
Students, employees, and family members can already apply
You can already apply for a municipality of residence by visiting our service location if you have:
- a residence permit for temporary protection that is valid for at least one year, and an employment relationship or a student status that lasts for at least two years, or
- a family member who has a municipality of residence in Finland.
For more information on this process, read more here.
Read DVV’s instructions for Ukrainians applying for a municipality of residence:
If you need or would like guidance for this process, you can visit DVV’s service centre at Lintulahdenkuja 2D, 3rd floor. From 01.03.2023, you can contact DVV for information on applying for a municipality of residence by calling tel. 0295 536 325.
For more information, read more here: dvv.fi/ukraine