Newcomer Information Session
Are you moving or considering moving to the Helsinki capital region?
International House Helsinki’s (IHH) Newcomer Information Sessions are here to provide you with a wide range of information, and support you in making the Helsinki capital region your new home.
Each Newcomer Information Session will cover the steps you need to take before and after you arrive in Finland. We will also provide you with information about topics like housing, daycare and education options in Helsinki, and the support available for partners and spouses. Additionally there will be an introduction to finding a job and entrepreneurship in the capital region.
The session will take place on 29 February at 9.00–11.30 EET.
Our Newcomer information sessions are designed for international newcomers who are moving or considering moving to the Helsinki capital region for work or family.
If you are new to the Helsinki capital region or are interested in learning more about living in the Helsinki capital region, IHH has several guides to help you make the capital your home.
Sign up for the Newcomer Information Sessionopens in new tabopens in new tab.
Please sign up at least 24 hours before the starting time.
Once you have filled in and submitted the registration form, you will receive an email 1–2 days before the event with the link for joining the online session (Microsoft Teams).
Each Newcomer Information Session will feature presentations from:
- International House Helsinki
- Helsinki Partnersopens in new tabopens in new tab
- The City of Helsinki’s Education Divisionopens in new tabopens in new tab
- The Spouse Programopens in new tabopens in new tab
- Business Helsinkiopens in new tabopens in new tab
Attendees are encouraged to attend the entire session or whichever sections appeals to their needs.
Our session will provide you with information on, for example, following topics:
- How to enjoy life in the capital
- Work-based immigration
- How to prepare for relocation
- Handling public authority-related matters
- Housing, public transport and the local health care system
- Support available for accompanying spouses
- The Finnish education system, daycare and schooling options
- Services for jobseekers and entrepreneurs
The sessions are held in English and take place online. The content of each of our Newcomer Information Session is the same.