International House Helsinki provides a wide range of information and public authority services to meet the needs of international newcomers in the Helsinki metropolitan area. We also offer free advisory and counselling services to employers on issues related to international workforce. View the service menu to learn more about the services available to you.

Pensions & pension insurance

The Finnish Centre for Pensions provides information about earnings-related pensions and social security for International House Helsinki customers. You can get information about the A1 certificate and about whether you are covered under the social security system of the country of origin or that of Finland. Information is also provided on matters related to earnings-related pensions and pension insurance: taxes and contributions withheld on the wage or salary, how to check your own accrued earnings-related pension and how to claim a pension.

Due to coronavirus, the Finnish Centre for Pensions’ desk services are closed until further notice. Please contact the customer service by telephone: 029 411 2110.

More information about earnings-related pensions in English, Estonian and Russian

Read More