Skip to content Counselling on employment services & registering as a jobseeker - International House Helsinki


International House Helsinki provides a wide range of information and public authority services to meet the needs of international newcomers in the Helsinki metropolitan area. We also offer free advisory and counselling services to employers on issues related to international workforce. View the service menu to learn more about the services available to you.

Counselling on employment services & registering as a jobseeker

The TE Office representative at International House Helsinki provides general information and advice on TE (employment) services and instructs on the use of their online services. It is also possible to register as a jobseeker.

There are two ways of registering as a jobseeker:

  1. Via the E-services, if you can sign into the service with online banking codes, a mobile certificate from your mobile operator or a smart ID card and you are a citizen of an EU or EEA Member State.
    E-services in Finnish and Swedish
  2. If you cannot sign into E-services or are a citizen of other countries (and have a residence permit), you must visit the local TE Office or the TE service desk at International House Helsinki.
    TE Offices’ contact information

After the registration, continued contacts with TE services are handled at your local TE Office. For access to other TE services, please contact your local TE Office.


If you have questions about TE services or registering as a jobseeker, you can send an email to ihh@te-toimisto.fiPlease do not include any confidential or sensitive information in your emails. Confidential and sensitive information should only be sent through a secure network. You can also call their telephone services for personal clients: 0295 020 713 (Mon-Fri 9-16.15).

Read more from This link leads to external webpage