Registration of an EU citizen’s right of residence
If you are a citizen of an EU Member State, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Iceland or Norway, you do not need a residence permit for your residence in Finland. You can stay and work freely in Finland for up to three months. You must have a valid identity card or passport.
If you stay in Finland for longer than 90 days, you need to register your right of residence at the Finnish Immigration Service.
If you are an EU citizen and need to register your right of residence, you can do it at International House Helsinki.
- When selecting office, choose International House Helsinki (IHH). Unfortunately it is not possible to handle your matters at IHH without an appointment.
3) Bring all the necessary attachments with you. Check which attachments you need
- Remember to bring your identity card. If you do not pay the application fee in Enter Finland, you will also need a debit or credit card. At IHH, it is not possible to pay in cash.
4) Make sure to come early. You will be called by name.
- A personal verification message was sent to you when you booked the appointment. The IHH lobby personnel will ask to see the message as you enter the service point. You do not need a waiting number.
Open: Monday–Friday 9:00–16:00